Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1965 Comet Cyclone and iam installing the battery in the trunk but i cant seem to find a good safe place to route the #2 wire from the trunk to the solenoid.If anybody has done this before the info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jim

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
I did this to the Pelican about 10 years ago. I ran the cable along the inside of the car between the wheel well and the quarter panel. I drilled a hole to get it through the sheetmetal by the rear right passenger seat. It goes along the floor, under the carpet by the edge. It then goes up through the firewall near the heater assembly. I had moved the starter solonoid rearward and down behind the shock tower brace just about where the cable comes through. It's pretty clean that way, you can't see the starter solonoid when looking directly at the engine.

Two things to remember:

1. Always use grommets when passing the cable through sheetmetal.

2. Ground everything good. Run a ground from the battery to the frame and a braided ground strap from the engine to the frame. I also have at least two ground wires going from the body to the engine.

People always look at me funny when I back my car up to them when they need a jump!

Andy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts