Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the second attempt to get My66 back on the road. Originally we had planned to use a Tilton 6000 Hydraulic throw out Bearing and clutch that failed miserably

This time I'm using the DazeCars external slave cylinder. I pestered him quite a bit and I'm really impressed with this setup everything is heavy duty, with that being said thie weekend we go again

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the forum are upon you. The hopes and prayers of muscle-car loving people everywhere march with you. In company with your friends, wrenches and beer in hand, you will bring about the repair of this Galaxie, the eliminations of squeaking throw out bearings, and the security of a reliable vehicle.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Here is the second attempt to get My66 back on the road. Originally we had planned to use a Tilton 6000 Hydraulic throw out Bearing and clutch that failed miserably

This time I'm using the DazeCars external slave cylinder. I pestered him quite a bit and I'm really impressed with this setup everything is heavy duty, with that being said thie weekend we go again
What was the problem with the Tilton bearing? I'm doing a 429 with a TKO-600 and the Tilton hyd release bearing is on my list.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We didn't get the pedal stop correct in initial setup and when bleeding and blew the seal and Tilton said too bad buy a new one, also having to pull the transmission every time to get correct clearance is a PITA
You might have better luck

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Latest saga got the transmission back in and the external slave cylinder hooked everything is going smooth until..
I can get 1-4 but no 5th or reverse was up till late last night
Does anybody have any ideas. TKO 500

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went to the shop to see My66 got good news and bad news. Good news nothing broken or sheared bad news the shifting fork jumped the block on the sliding rail, we have to separate the case to realign everything. Might be a week or so to fit me back into the rotation

1 - 9 of 9 Posts