Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 1966 xl 2dr bucket seat car.No motor trans and the title says it is not able to be licensed for the street. Nice grille and bumper, bucket seats with auto shifter. What are the parts worth?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I had a few months ago a xl 66 and noone would buy it for 600 bucks so it just sat. Along came a man going to a swap meet with me . I was taking parts off to take with me to sell. He said I will give you 1100 for all the trim on car outside, hood and truck lid so gone. Sold seats in rough shape for 250 at swap., xl hub caps for 250 , man said was a deal. grill went for 100 could of got more nice. Mis parts , gen, stearing center nice for 50,trying to think. Anyway after stripping went to scrape yard for think 300 , I saved the 390 motor. Glad it didnot sell for 600 :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
I can tell you this, there are ways around that little title issue if you are intrested in going that route, for instance I bought a mustang while I was in california, They wouldnt title it due to extensive backed registration, with friends and family in Iowa, I sent the title to Iowa, had it titled here, then it could be registered in any state as the car doesnt have to be titled to the state it was registered.... Also a lot of little things may or may not transfer when moved to a new state, thats how some titles go from salvage to clear, Texas for example only uses an S in top left corner to show that it is salvage, when we brought on of these to Iowa, they gave us a clear title, no salvage stuff on it. In other words if you transfered that title to maybe family in another state, it could remove that inability to be licensed on the street as the dmv's are not linked together from different states.....just a thought.....either way if you are just interested in parting, the bucket seats could be worth a good amount if in good shape, dash, glass, etc. Is there a counsel? Those can be worth a good amount as well. How much will people pay? This depends on how desperatly they have been looking for the parts, thing to keep in mind when pricing is with a 66 dearborn classics sells just about every interior part for that car, if it was a 68 I would ask what you have to have for it as I cant find a whole lot of interior parts for it, expecially anything to do with my 4speed counsel or shifter parts for that....very hard to find! Good Luck

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would give $100 bucks for that grille if he'll ship. Do you have pictures?

·
Registered
260 Posts
it kind of depends where it is and what kind of shape it is in.

I've been keeping an eye on a similar car that is in nw georgia. Guys has been trying to sell it for a year. There are a lot of good core and/or restorable parts on it and the guy can't give it away. it started at a grand and is now down to $350.

I also see other cars not running, but complete in the 800-2000 range depending on rust, etc.

·
Registered
91 Posts
it kind of depends where it is and what kind of shape it is in.

I've been keeping an eye on a similar car that is in nw georgia. Guys has been trying to sell it for a year. There are a lot of good core and/or restorable parts on it and the guy can't give it away. it started at a grand and is now down to $350.

I also see other cars not running, but complete in the 800-2000 range depending on rust, etc.

Manual or auto trans and what shape is the grille in. Hood scoop or just original hood

1 - 6 of 6 Posts