Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a new mag tonight, nice pics of stock vs steeda shifter- gotta say the steeda piece is pretty, but really wonder if necessary- the two are basically a ball mounted lever with a single rod that hooks to the actual shift rod on the tranny- just looks to me as if the stock rubber bushing junk was swapped to hard urethane(like all aftermarket) it would be almost as good- almost because it dont have adjustable stops and being steel its likely slightly heavier. Im just thinking the ONLY thing on mine that kinda sucks is the rubbery feel at 2-3 shifting- that feel is rubber bushings compressing/distorting not steel rod flexing. I really think for a few bucks in urethane replacement bushings the OEM shifter would be as solid as the 250-300.00 aftermarket pieces, only difference might be shorter throw- but I really dont think throw is bugging me compared to that soft gating. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool- 179 sounds a bit more reasonable...but being both curious and always looking for 'most bang for the buck(read- I'm cheep)I wonder if Hurst sells bushings alone? hmm...they kinda look like they might fit the stock shifter

off topic, but I hit the revlimiter today in first- dunno if I got a better tank of gas or what, but it was melting rubber today compared to usual...got major rubber in 2nd yesterday- not a bark, but 2-3 seconds of screaming tires...man I love this car. Just imagine what they could do these days with a bigblock...for only 281 CID these little things really run.
Gotta say though it seems 'moody'- probably the way it 'learns' your driving habits- I think the harder you are on it, the more it gives ya next time?

you seen the new commercial? I LOVE this one:
http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/commercials/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts