Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking foward to woodward 2002. This will be the first year, but I saw Greg Cooks video so many times, I feel like I've been there.

So who is all going?

Will I be the only FOX body stang there?

P.S. Hey Greg I'll buy you lunch for a ride in the 63'.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I'm going and there will be another friend from here in Albuquerque that's bringing his '88 coupe up there too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i'm going w/ dad or the lincoln...maybe if i am allowed to take that...hopefully will have some rims by then...doubt that!!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
And here I was walking around talking about "only 5 months until Woodward" I never even did the math to see its really 6 months!

Boss LX If your going to buy Greg Cook the lunch deally for the ride in 63 1/2 Battlestar car,I would buy it after the ride or you might end up "barfing" the lunch?

Im telling you right now,that damn car gives one hellava fast aceleration ride!

I really only drove in it once when he was really on it,and remember that was with a wounded 514 crate combo he used to run in it.

I cant imagine how much more the car will pull with the new 557 engine in it!

You can handle the ride,but you wont never forget it!

557 Cubic inches of raw Ford unadulterated kick ass power unleashed by a guy who knows how to use it!

Its friggin incdredible,NUFF said.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DynoTom on 2/15/02 8:14am ]</font>

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
I agree with Greg Cook about the "unwritten rule" about being nice around the BSP.

It would be pretty disrespectfull in my opinion to "raise hell" around the BSP and give Mike any extra headaches during that week.

I figure we are there as his guests those days and we should be well mannered at his place.

I also think that I have never had so much fun in a very very fast car before when it was going so slow?

I mean there were times in the Battlestar where we never got into second gear for hours on end?

But,that feeling of the slow cruise past the crowd in a BADD AZZ SUM B***H of a car was almost better than a fast 1/4 mile blast!

You have to expeirence it to understand what I mean,it just is cool to cruise Woodward!

This will all make sense after your first trip there,Im sure Greg Cook understands what Im saying here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I never said we could not have fun ( just dont do it in the parking lot )When you get on to woodward YEA ANYTHING GOES IF YOUR UP TO IT ( just look around before you do anything because them cars with the BLUE LIGHTS ARE EVERYWERE)

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
I know that my 2001 trip to Woodword was one of the best if not the best car related events I have ever been to!

I didnt know what to expect for my first trip up there,I had never been to a cruise of this size before.

It was a real great show,lots of neat cars to see everywhere!

I thought for the most part all the cruisers were very well mannered?

I never saw any type of racing or anything that would be considered dangerous at all up there.

Its so cool just to cruise around in that area during that time,your surrounded by hard core car guys and its really neat to see all those car fans in one place!

·
Registered
521 Posts
as i read these posts and of all the sweet cars and fun at the cruise the more and more i wish to go to them. even if i could go in my 99cougar that would be fun...
someday i will have the twin turbo'd 393 4 door maverick and i will show up and played with the big boys... until then continue the stories

·
Registered
29 Posts
You hit right on the head Greg HORSEPOWER and THE BROWN BOTTLE DONT MIX ( only the stuff in the blue bottle does
) ITs a good place to be we have a lot of fun . The lady (DOTTIE) who owns the pub you guys will never meet a nicer person than her .I am putting my money on her asking all the guys from group to come back in 2003 and I hope more can make it to that one ( maybe we could fill the place with FORDS wouldnt that be a sight to see) TO sum it up I have a feeling we are all going to have good time and take home a lot of good memories, a lot of pictures and meet some good people

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You don't have to worry about me throwing back the brown bottle, I still have a few years yet!

Is there a drag strip near woodward. If so Dyno Tom, we should leave a day early.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I am going to do everything I can to bring about showing up to see all you guys!

The adrenalin gets flowing just reading about it here!

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
i wanna go to...lol does the cruise have a website? will definitly have to make the trip to see all the cars u guys are talking about and to finally meet the guys that write the posts i been reading forever lol

cya then

ps. will have to bust out the mav. for this one

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
I could set up a "prospective" 2002 cruise guy with a tape if needed?

I know if your just reading about our Woodward 2001 cruise and its making you think about going to Woodward 2002,the video tape I have of 2001s cruise we really make you want to go!

e-mail me for more info on the tapes.

65 Falcon Sprint Super-Stock-White Lightning
66 Galaxie 500 390 4-V auto-future 4 or 5spd.
95 F-350 XLT Super-Cab DRW 460- Tow Vehical

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DynoTom on 2/19/02 1:17am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
o my gosh i dont know if i could handle a video lol but if it isnt to much trouble id glady watch it with glee!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Woodward is great, I went last year with Mike and Greg, was a really good time. I'm definitely hooked for life. Also plenty of other things to see if you bored looking at cars.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts