Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a phone number that I can call world products directly, I have been getting mixed reviews about their windsor jr heads. I need to know if my hedman shorty headers part # 88400 will fit on their heads? Some people say they do and some people say that they are like the gt40p heads and that you need a certain header to fit. I have gone through a catalog and it dosen't mention that they need a certain header. THanks any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i don't have the number, but they'll work...i have windsor jr heads on my 289 and used those headers for awhile, but the header ports are smaller than the exhaust ports, so if you use those headers you might want to grind the ports a little

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks cr humper - When you were using the hedman shortys were you loosing power without grinding the ports down a little - Basically was it causing you any performance problems?

·
Registered
240 Posts
your engine won't be operating as efficiently with the shorties, but they weren't really a problem for me. if you don't want to buy new headers then you'll be fine, but there are better headers out there performance wise.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
You dont need special headers.Any header will work

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tonys10sec306 on 8/21/04 9:46am ]</font>

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
On 2004-08-20 21:44, tonys10sec306 wrote:
You dont need special headers.Any header will work
That's not really true. The headers that Heddman makes for the early mustangs bend too tight and the spark plug wires hit the pipes...

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
sure

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tonys10sec306 on 8/23/04 9:06am ]</font>

·
Subscriber
0 Posts
Yea I have the same problems with the mav. Roush 200 heads Hedman headers I burn a set of wires up even with those niftey kevlar sleeves about 3to 4 months.

·
Registered
398 Posts
headman's are only a 1.5 inch primary and usually that makes a big differnce with spark plug clearance. I originally had a set of dyno max 1.5 headers on my Jr.s and didnt notice any port differance, I replaced them with the newer super comps but still had spark plug boot burning problems, short plugs or boot covers made NO differnce. Jacobs strait ceramic boots solved that problem. three sets of plug wires and still the boots look brand new.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts