Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i am thinking of purchasing the rousch world Snr heads. Whats this about the spark plugs being in different position? Would i be better off buying the edelbrock aluminium performer heads? Do they have a website for the world heads, and are there any flow figures for them. and would i need valve grooves in my pistons running a cam with .518 lift?

thanks in advance
Trav

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
The spark plugs are laid back at a bit more of an angle. This is good for combustion but a challenge for some of the header tubes where they cut sharply across the spark plugs.

Everybody told me my old 1 1/2 tri-y's would not work with the World heads. Not to be discouraged I fitted them on the engine stand. I had to grind one part of the flange down where it somewhat blocked the spark plug from going in and I had to heat up a couple of the tubes and bend them just a little to make sure the spark plug boots would clear. I probably could have got by on those 2 with just right angle boots. Other than that bit of work they fit fine. I don't know how any other type of headers would work but I simply refuse to pay for special fit headers just for these heads so which ever ones I get next I will just make fit.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
hooker claims to have headers that fit wp sr. heads never tried them.we like our WP sr heads we have pistons to match the combustion chamber that make 13.5 - 1 comp.
it makes good power

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I just had to do a little grinding to the flanges for the spark plug boot clearance and spark plug socket clearance on my Hooker headers with my Windsor Srs..

·
Registered
314 Posts
My Hooker Super Comps fit great with my Sr heads. No problems anywhere. I used to have a pair of regular Hooker Comp headers. They fit, but were alot tighter. I used the shorty spark plugs from Accel to gain a little clearance. plug # 276S. They were about 3/8 shorter than a regular plug and that helped.

Got rid of those headers for the way they fit they chassis, not the heads.

BTW, the home site for World Products:
http://www.worldcastings.com

Later,

David Cole

1 - 5 of 5 Posts