Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i personally dont care for the the site change/layout...
it kinda have lost it's original appeal..
what do you guy's/gal's think.....

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
No notification, no warnings etc about a change. Inconsiderate if you ask me.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Absolute waste of time. Cant see if I'm logged in. Cant just click on new posts. Can we have the option of leaving how it was when it worked?

·
Registered
986 Posts
It's like getting an update on your phone and all the sudden you can't find a thing. I dropped a mopar site because of a reprogram not sure about this one.

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
I'm sorry... To see the new posts, you just click on the lighting bolt at the top... then click 'new posts'. Makes it a lot easier than trying to sort through everything. That being said, it was handy when the new posts were all right on the side as soon as you opened the forum. But, not bad... Just something to get use to.

Nice to see you checking in, Gary!

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since the founders sold off the forums to that conglomerate things have been schartty overall. and that's one of the reasons I rarely come here anymore. BUT I DO MISS MY FRIENDS A LOT 8)
same here Buddy...

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
same here Buddy...
Pretty much ALL forums are a desert compared to what they use to be. Remaining interest seems to have switched over to over platforms, such as Facebook. There are a few 'old school' forums out there doing okay... mostly populated by us older guys... but the kids into things use their phones and social media based apps.

I like using the computer better... so I prefer traditional forums... even though most of the automotive ones are either ghost towns compared to what they once were, or have shut down, altogether.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I still like these forums better than Facebook groups, but I don't know if I like this new format, or look. Maybe it is trying to look more like a Facebook page, but it will take some time to get used to it. There is another forum I use that went to this format a little while ago, so I imagine more will migrate when they "upgrade" to the latest version of the software. Facebook may be another website, but I like the structure and order of these forums, but I might just be grumpy and out of touch.:eek::unsure::rolleyes:

·
Subscriber
511 Posts
Pretty much ALL forums are a desert compared to what they use to be. Remaining interest seems to have switched over to over platforms, such as Facebook. There are a few 'old school' forums out there doing okay... mostly populated by us older guys... but the kids into things use their phones and social media based apps.

I like using the computer better... so I prefer traditional forums... even though most of the automotive ones are either ghost towns compared to what they once were, or have shut down, altogether.
I was wondering what had happened to this forum...I took a few years off, and started checking in again recently. WOW this place is quiet now. I hate Facebook forums, no organization whatsoever. The Ford Truck Enthusiast site still seems to have a pretty good following. You are probably right, its all the older crowd.

·
Registered
110 Posts
For the life of me, I cannot see discern any improvement. One of the honda forums I used to frequent moved to this platform. FAR too much 'white space" at any given time on the screen.
Seriously disappointed.

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
Since the founders sold off the forums to that conglomerate things have been schartty overall. and that's one of the reasons I rarely come here anymore. BUT I DO MISS MY FRIENDS A LOT 8)
My id say's premium member, but I was a lifetime member long ago, why it change I do not know.
I miss you man! Still playing in the Karaoke bars?
I wanted to LIKE your post but couldn't find the button.
Wonder if this is some kind of cost-saving move. That's the only possible benefit I can think of.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
My id say's premium member, but I was a lifetime member long ago, why it change I do not know.

Hey Gary.......How ya been??:unsure:

Long time no hear from!!:(

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don’t hit this site too often unless a question comes up while I’m working on my Mercury. Getting ready to pull the engine out so I came back last week to ask a question or two and see this place is really slow and the format changed, UGH! It’s happened to a few other sites I hit too. Hard for me to navigate around the site now, but crabby old guys like me don’t like changes I guess

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I miss you man! Still playing in the Karaoke bars?
I wanted to LIKE your post but couldn't find the button.
Wonder if this is some kind of cost-saving move. That's the only possible benefit I can think of.
Look two over from the "Reply" button. ;)

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
So it been a week or more and it's still a pain in the ass. I'm glad I haven't paid for a lifetime membership.
It's no big deal... actually better than it was before. When you come to the site, simply click the lighting bolt at the top right, and choose 'new posts'... and you'll see everything that has been posted since you were here last... as well as the older stuff you haven't read yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts