Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday it was 70 degrees and sunny, today it's 35 degrees and snowing, only in Texas. That add some kick to the old saying "If you don't like the weather in Texas.., Just wait a few minutes".

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
I had no idea that you get snow in Texas.
Isn't that like having a heatwave in Antarctica?

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Sucks to be you Guys !!! 55+ and Sunny here.......I should shut up or its going to rain...LOL

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I know how you feel.... Georgia is the exact same way. Jsut the other day it was perfectly sunny with no clouds in the sky and then all of a sudden it was raining sideways, and then 30 minutes later it was sunny again. And that's not even touching on the temperature swings.... In the fall and spring it goes up and down 30 degrees in one day....

·
Super Moderator
21,516 Posts
My first time driving through TX, just the panhandle, it had snowed. Truckers were striking and not driving at night so all the cheap motels were taken.

Bottomed out on one of the streets in Amarillo cause snow was floating on top of the water in the dip at the intersection and I didn't know it. BANG! Poor car. It was really late. I found a motel another hour down the freeway and by that time it was almost not worth the bother. Like 2-3am. I should of just napped in the car.

Never snowed when I was living near Ft. Hood though. But darn sure got hot and cold!

I thought it odd when I lived in the Baltimore area for a short time and it snowed on Easter. Now days though that kind of weather just seems normal for some reason.

·
Registered
117 Posts
wow CWallace, I used to live in Weatherford, TX AND Phoenix, AZ!

suburbs of Phoenix were Gilbert, Chandler, and Ahwahtukee the wife and I lived there from Aug. 2001-Apr. 2006.
Weatherford will always be home and can't wait to get back. THE ONLY thing that keeps me here is the job. They pay me too much to leave. Look all the time for jobs back home that will pay close to what I'm making now, if I find one I will leave like someone shot me out of a cannon. Glad to hear you escaped. Snow birds are still thick right now.

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
We were going to drop the car at the track this AM - the car cover is frozen to the Mustang so I gave up. Merkel looks like Wyoming. Last Saturday we wer at the track in shorts, Monday it snowed, Wednesday it was nice, yesterday was nearly a white out. Bah - gimme spring!

·
Registered
135 Posts
you don't know what cold is right now it's 3 degrees outside and I'm sufferin some bad cabin fever. I want to get out and work on my car can't cuz the garage is full and it's not warmin up untill next week but I still feel for you because I lived in the warmth for a few years

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yesterday morning as I was gettin in the truck, I heard a faint chirp in the distance. I thought to myself "ah yes, spring is right around the corner".

That was yesterday morning at 5:00AM. By 3:30 PM there was 6" of snow....

This morning I woke up to another 6" on top of that.......blizzard conditions...whiteouts all over. Level 2 and level 3 emergencies all around.

As of this writting we have 21" and drifts to 4' in some areas.....LOL. I must love Columbus Ohio.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts