Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Front to back, its one piece. I know the convertibles have some kind of other frame. It has rusted out under the door.

·
Registered
110 Posts
what is your budget? i have had them and nobody wanted them and then sold them for next to nothing only to have a guy contact me a month later offering 1500 bucks. I might be able to get you one here on the east coast but then you have to come pick it up or pay for shipping. I might be able to find you one out west. let me know if you need help. thanks, Matt

·
Registered
977 Posts
what is your budget? i have had them and nobody wanted them and then sold them for next to nothing only to have a guy contact me a month later offering 1500 bucks. I might be able to get you one here on the east coast but then you have to come pick it up or pay for shipping. I might be able to find you one out west. let me know if you need help. thanks, Matt
Is that for a rolling frame or JUST THE FRAME.

·
Registered
52 Posts
67/68 frames are the same. convertible, wagon, hardtop whatever more or less the same with minor differences that won't affect you. 65/66 should also work. e/brake cable runs down opposite side on these but easily changeable apparently and the 65 rear spings have a retainer of some sort where as the other years do not. supposedly full size ford frames up until 78 can be used if shortened. There is an autowrecker in vancouver washington that will ship frames. think 800 plus shipping. I think it was all american classics. In my case it was easiest to just replace the main rails torque box to torque box

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I anticipate that repairing the frame is going to cost upwards of $1500. The drivers side rear torque box is rusted pretty bad and allowing the axel to move forward. I only need the frame. If I can find one locally that would be best. If not I will branch out until the price tips the scale. I have a fabrication shop right down the street but there expensive. Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One from a 63 Mercury motorey would do you any good would it? What am I thankin? 'I'm in Texas.
Im not sure. Im new to Galaxies but I would like to know. your the closest person so far. Im a noob to these cars but I think I can offer lots of helpful info in the future. I have the original shop manual!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Opps sorry the frame is for a 65 4dr hardtop. It looks good from the sides and bottom and the body is still on it minus frontend, trunk deck interior and such. I can post some pics or email if you like.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Isn't that a uniframe ? that 67 fastback didn't have a FRAME in the middle like the 63 has..
Nope, My 67 fastback is two separate components. Frame and body. I believe 8 mounts. Frame is complete with torque boxes as well. It has a crossover tube on the forward end of the rear wheel well hump. Definitely separate entities.

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
galaxie/ltd 65 and up to early 70 use same frame, with minor diffrenses...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/66-67-68-Fo...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cff3962dd&vxp=mtr

64 and older diffrent design....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-64-For...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cf2bf9707&vxp=mtr

cant remember user name....has a white 67 fastback galaxie...
he did a frame swap...i belive he used a 65 frame and was a direct bolt in...
hopefully he sees this thread...he knows exactlly what frame and years that fit...;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh cool! That top picture is deffinatley what I have. Like I said, I want to go as local as possible. I would have to rent a trailer. What are your prices? I will have to save up for it so it wont be tomorrow, but its something I have to do. Would also need bushings as well but I can search that up somewhere else. Also fyi, I plan to but a big block in it, if that changes anything. Maybe someone wants to trade me for my 302 and/or transmission? I can prove they work. I have pictures of it on the road the day I bought it. I can start it as well. Has a high rise intake. Im just trying to get an idea of whats out there. If I found a good deal, it would still be a month or so before I had cash. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
61 Posts
TJ67Galaxie Here are a few pics of my 4dr hardtop here in missouri. I'll send you a pm also.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts