Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What cars do i look for to find 5 lug frontend to bolt on a 4 lug 65 falcon or can i use 4 lug while running a 302?
thanks blue

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you are looking for the hubs with five lugs that will bolt on to you four lug hub spindle, then I think any small ford with five lugs will fit. From the 63 falcon and fairlane all the way up to a 70 maverick. Just measure the bearing race opening and the depth and They should fit. If not then a friendly auto parts guy can help you find the right bearing combination to make it fit.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Here are the ones I have used,there are others.

64/64 Falcon and Comet v/8 spindle and drum brakes.

64 Fairlane v/8 or inline 6 ,spindle and drum brake.

66 Mustang v/8 spindle and drum brake.

77 Granada spindle and disc brake.

I believe there is an adapter to add 5 lug disc to the 4 lug spindles , I'm not sure, only read about it.:)

·
Registered
340 Posts
You can run with the 4 lugs and that 302, but really you do want to upgrade the front to get some bigger brakes up there.

If you want all the stock parts, you'll be able to get them from any 63 to 65 V8 Falcon. Most of the parts from a 65-66 V8 Mustang are the same. The drag link from a Mustang will work in a pinch, but the Falcon drag link was actually a little shorter.

If going with stock, the parts you will need are: Spindles, backing plates, drums, idler arm, tie rods, drag link, pitman arm, and steering box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts