Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First day I got the exhaust done on the car, my first day driving the v8, and a blade flys off the fan and goes through my radiator, my NEW 4-ROW radiator. Well, I'll be putting a new 3 row back in it because I'm fresh out of cash. The question is though, when the blade came off, it went trhough the tranny cooler as well. I pulled off the transmission lines the other day and what do you know, antifreeze came out
. The car died in a very inconvient place, right next to my grandfathers house, where there are no tools, and not much room to work. My question is, do you think I should just drop the pan, unplug the torque converter, drain the fluid, put it back together and fill it up, or should I push it over to the garage across the street and have them flush out the transmission fluid? How much do you think that will cost? If it isn't expensive, I might do it, because it is really inconvient to work at my grandfather's house. The car only ran for 2 or 3 seconds before I shut it off after this, but there is antifreeze in the hoses. I don't know if any made it to the transmission. Any suggestions?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts