Registered
1966 Galaxie
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Passenger side this afternoon

Santa brought me some treats today too.
Headlights with LED turn signal built in,
Spectre headlight intake rings, and some new seat belts.馃憤

Premium Member
very nice.. (y) (y) good job on the 66..
i have not really been around here for a loonng time..
and have not followed along everybody's progress ...
thats why im asking this... who built your motor...??

Premium Member
ahh ..I was just wondering...
i know Survival MotorSport
Barry Rabotnick's Prison Break 445 Stroker kits/motors was very popular here some years ago...
thought it might have been one of his builds...:)

Registered
1966 Galaxie
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I considered getting his kit, and will probably order one for the other engine I have or contact Lykins. But Mike Saye is about an hour away so...
I had so much other stuff I wanted/needed to do on the car, that I knew I could finish it faster with a little help. I have had them rebuild an engine in the past so I decided to see what they could help with. They are prof champion builders/drag racers and they raced Fords so...
Its nearly the same stuff, scat crank, Mahle pistons/rods, etc.

Registered
That's coming along really nice.

I think black bumpers would have tied the black hood and trim together but its your car so who cares what I think.

Registered
1966 Galaxie
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I thought about it but, the whole blacked out thing is played out. I wanted to pay tribute to the factory light weight cars (silver bumpers)
And be different (which seems to be my M.O.)
When its all together I think it will make more sense (like anything I have in my head makes sense) Just enough aluminum with a bit of black. The one reason I went forward with the gloss black trim - the paint on the car seems to change color with change of light and when the car is at a certain angle, the black catches the paint color and looks the same as car, until you turn or see it straight from side.
Getting close so i hope to have more pics soon, working on getting front end back together, wiring done, and almost warm enough to spray hood. I cant wait to hear that Y block chop馃憤

Registered
1966 Galaxie
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Windows in, gonna take advantage of rain and get door panels done, and work on wiring. Still need to order windshield.
Im trying not to get all worked up, but its tough, its so close i can smell it馃檪

21 - 40 of 63 Posts