Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Sounds like the SPCA is the place to look if you're wanting to adopt a wild mustang or a cougar or a torino?

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no idea, just found the video while I was watching original comp, Shelby Cobra vids

·
Registered
10,342 Posts
Actually, that video (though a spoof) could be useful like the "poor pets" videos against all the government regulations coming down against classic cars. A non-car person would think twice after watching that. I know it was meant to be funny, but may be a useful tool in stopping the scrapping of classics. They just passed a law around here to allow towing and scrapping of any car sitting on private property that does not run, has flat tires, a broken window, or missing major parts. I'm not kidding. I know the intention was to prevent '******* yards', but is the only way some of these cars survive. Sorry to bomb your thread.
:(
David

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No sitting on private property??

I believe in our US Constitution, AND the Bill of Rights.

Which includes our lovely Second Amendment.

Therefore:

I would love someone to try to remove EITHER of my '67s whilst I have major parts removed to do repair work IN MY DRIVEWAY.

I believe your lawmakers need to go back to school and Castle Doctrine needs to be passed in your part of our glorious country.

NO BOMB taken.

Just FWIW IMO...

·
Registered
10,342 Posts
Actually, it's Washington State, and local counties and cities are drafting it into their local ordinances. Here's what it says:
WA RCW said:
"Junk vehicle" means a vehicle certified under RCW 46.55.230 as meeting at least three of the following requirements:

(a) Is three years old or older;

(b) Is extensively damaged, such damage including but not limited to any of the following: A broken window or windshield, or missing wheels, tires, motor, or transmission;

(c) Is apparently inoperable;

(d) Has an approximate fair market value equal only to the approximate value of the scrap in it.
So, all of ours meet "a", and "c" always applies as it can not be verified by an onlooker, and just one flaw of a broken window (even cracked meets other definitions) a missing wheel, missing trans, etc., and it's legal to tow and dispose of it without compensation, notification of the vehicle owner (only the land owner and no time-line is required - they can post when they tow). They can actually fine you in the process. Note that a car cover does not exempt a car, and it must be housed in a garage or other structure to be exempt. Just sayin'.

I asked if my otherwise perfect daily driver convertible has a rip in the back plastic window, if it qualifies under this law. She said "We don't tow maliciously." I said that's not the question - does it qualify? She said "If "C" cannot be verified, then technically - YES".
:bicker:
David

1 - 10 of 10 Posts