Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
NICE......VERRRRRRRRRY NICE!!!!!!!!!!.....

you are making me envious that my 64 is still on the rotisserrie.......been sand blasting and scraping the bottom side this week....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spent a month on my back scraping off 1/2" of undercoating. Thats when I found all the rusted floor boards that were never suppose to be there. I spent another month cutting, forming, reinforcing, and welding new sheet metal. then I filled all the seams and epoxied the whole thing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I gutted the interior and built a complete front to rear console with 6 new gauges and a cd stereo. I sheeted the rear trunk opening and built a platform below the rear bench seat area. it now has 4 racing buckets and a hurst floor shifter. i recolored the door skins to match the interior scheme. that all took me another month and a half.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if anyone is interested i have a lot of parts i won't be needing now. a good set of original white front buckets and rear bench seats. a complete center console with all stainless and chrome. several front grills and rear stainless panels. extra gauge console. original wheels and caps. lots of other stuff.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Wish I had known before I spent the money for seats and having them covered.

I am doing some of the same things you have mentioned. I finally got the dirty side scraped and sand blasted....I sema sealed it today and going to paint the dirty side this afternoon (when I get off my lazy butt and brave the heat today).

I am hoping to paint the interior garnish modlings here in the next week or two and the inside also. Then a month or more on the body work.

One of these days.....I hope to find time to work on the motor and C4......well.....maybe I should say the money?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts