Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Gals,
Now that my remfg'ed engine is on a truck to me , I am going to let you decide the block color. The engine that I rebuilt was painted Ford Red. you can tell me if I should paint the new engine Ford red, ford Blue, or Black. Renbember the car is a 1960 Starliner ( according to the Ford literature is a Galaxie Special) , current color is Red, see pictures, engine bay is red. So you get to decide. I will let you know on Friday 11-24-2006 what the decision is.
Larry Tobleck

·
Registered
330 Posts
With your red, I think you should stay away from the red, unless it is a perfect match with the body. Red is a bit too Chevy. I think black is nice and calssy, and you can add nice details to the complete engine to give any contrast you want.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
On 2006-11-19 20:41, Gordo wrote:
With your red, I think you should stay away from the red, unless it is a perfect match with the body. Red is a bit too Chevy. I think black is nice and calssy, and you can add nice details to the complete engine to give any contrast you want.
i agree

L

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys choose so the color will be BLACK block and heads, chrome vavle covers, chrome oil pan, aluminum intake with natural cast shorty headeds. will post pics when I get started.
Larry Tobleck

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I went black with black engine bay. Worked for me and I agree with there being too much red possibly if you paint the motor red also. Silver would look good too depending on what else you have for motor parts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts