Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pardon me while I wax philosophic. We picked up fxjr's mustang tonight. The kid is ecstatic. Getting this car for only $900 is making him the envy of all his friends. Thought it would be cool if we shared about our first cars. Mine was a 66 chevy impala. 327 4V, glide, and a vinyl roof that flapped in the breeze like a flag...
Howbouchu?

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Mine was a 1966 Galaxie 500-XL with a 352 4-V auto.

It was white with a black interior.

I know exactly were this car is sitting and also I know it's for sale!

The engine is out but, otherwise it's complete.

I have always loved the 66 Galaxies ever since my first one,that's the main reason I bought the current 66 Galaxie I have now.

I will NEVER sell the 66 Galaxie I have now,I figure I have regretted selling that first Galaxie and I don't want to make that same mistake again!

I love 66 Galaxies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DynoTom on 4/10/02 1:18pm ]</font>

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
This is a bad joke right? Ok, a 51 Plymouth Cranbrook! There, I said it. Faded green paint. I tried to kill it, but it just wouldn't die.

·
Registered
170 Posts
71 Ranchero, 351 4bbl and like Tom I loved that thing wish I had it back. Sold it after installing 429 SCJ, yea I know what a dumb ass I was. Best part was I bought the 429, whole car for $200, it had been in a tornado and really wasn't bad. Brother and I each put up $100 and drove it home from the junk yard. Took a torch to it to get the stuff we wanted off it then the next day after destroying the car we decided to put a oil pan gasket in it before putting it in the Ranchero. When we saw the mains and checked the distributor we knew we F***d up. We just thought the lifters were rattling on the way home!!!!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On 2002-04-09 20:15, 85Mike wrote:
This is a bad joke right? Ok, a 51 Plymouth Cranbrook! There, I said it. Faded green paint. I tried to kill it, but it just wouldn't die.
Hmm, I dunno. Stick in a 440 or even a Hemi, tub it. Think of the possibilities!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hahaha, I had a station wagon that I paid $50 for, not even sure but I think it was a cheby....was a lovely moss green color, a landrover hit me head on and totalled it off,
guess it probably saved my life though....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well my fxsenior already said it, but i'm gonna say it again......91 mustang 4cyl auto......this is great!Too slow though

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1947 Willys Overland Jeep station wagon. 2 wheel drive, (no ****), 3 on the tree, w/o/d on the floor, (push/pull cable type). Flathead 4 cylinder.
I turned it into a panel, (wooded in the side windows). Long plush yellow shag carpeting thruout. Every little stupid thing you could get from J.C. Whitney, (including hood scoops/muffler, etc), on it. A friend of mine who was into painting weird stuff, experimented on every panel. Spider webbing, 3D lettering, etc. I had Time Machine painted on the sides..........Cool old ride........

·
Registered
474 Posts
uhh.. my first car and still my current car, 1972 Gran Torino Sport, 351-C 4v, with a C6, beautiful bright green gold metallic, with a dark green vinyl roof that is all bubbled up underneith it, nice ivy green interior, original back seat, front bench seat, that obviously isn't original since the color is different and the backs are two different styles on them... damn i love this car

·
Registered
13 Posts
1939 Ford coupe, no back seat, got it from my gradpa when he could no longer drive. I had it bored 120 thousands.I couldn't afford the fancy aluminum heads so I had the stock heads shaved the max allowed. I abused this car unmercifully, I was 13 years old when I got it! I had steel pack duals on it and really sounded sweet.I had trouble getting traction with the 6:00X16 tires so I put an old W9 International tractor block that my dad had laying around in the trunk. Good thing I never hit anything or it would have ended up in the front seat with me!

·
Registered
539 Posts
63 Galaxie Four door 223-6/2spd auto.Black and rust. Wasn't fast or pretty but I had wheels and a HUGE back seat.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Hmmm ... 1963 Pea Green Rambler station wagon ... three on the tree.

All I know is it just felt good to be able to drive ... that car was soon swapped for a 1967 Delta 88 convertable <--- now there was a cool car

Within about a year I stumbled onto my first real car ... 1967 Camaro SS350 ... My Muscle Car dreams have never ended since then, and I bought it for $950.00 ... it was six years old at the time.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mine was a 66 Galaxie 500 2dr hdtp 352 4v,
Black laquer with red interior. It was 8yrs old and I bought it for $549.00 tax included. It is amazing how you can remember such things. I was so wound up when I got it (I was 15yrs old) that I had it for two weeks before I noticed it had two antennas! It came with a rear mount antenna that quit working and at some point a front mount antenna was added. I owned it for 11yrs. before finances forced me to sell it. As fate would have it, less than 2yrs after the sale I landed a job that paid enough to keep it and fix it up. That is where my present 66 comes in. Like DynoTom I absolutely love 66 Galaxies,I have owned this one for 13 yrs! Dyno, I guarantee if I knew where my first one was at, it would be in my yard right now! Better get it!

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
A red '69 Falcon with a 200 cid linked to a C4 tranny!

At 29.9 a gallon, I could cruise around Peoria for one dollar all night!

I bought a 429 SCJ with a 4 speed, out of a '70 Torino (I beleive that's what it was) that was totalled with rearend damage for 750.00.

I miss that car as much as I miss my 30/32 jeans!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
On 2002-04-09 23:41, Alan Casida wrote:
Like DynoTom I absolutely love 66 Galaxies,I have owned this one for 13 yrs! Dyno, I guarantee if I knew where my first one was at, it would be in my yard right now! Better get it!
I have thought about it but,I don't think I would ever do anything with it?

I really would love to have "MY" car back but,I'm not sure if I should buy it?

I kinda wanted a 66-67 Fairlane next and the purchase of my old Galaxie would not make a Fairlane possible for a long time.

It's a hard thing to pass up on this car but,I guess I have to.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I think we all remember our first car (truck)as this was probably our first love too.
Believe it or not, my first vehicle was a 1954 Mercury pickup my dad gave to me when I was 12 but my mother figured I was not old enough so she sold it. 2 years later, I bought a 49 Chev 5 window pickup, dropped a 327/glide in it and wrote it off on my way for my drivers license roadtest (hit a cow!)
BTW, my project 54 I am working on (bought it 2 years ago) is the same truck my dad owned, just took a while to find it after he passed on.
Fred

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok... don't hold it against me. My friend had a '68 XR-7 GT & I wanted to spank him. I worked at a Olds dealership & had a chance to buy a car, then was told, I can't sell to an employee, then was told, get a haircut & I'll sell it to you. I still own it... a real 1968 Hurst Olds, had 88K on it in... dare I say... 1976. Looks like a rusted hulk from cars in barns... Gonna fix 'er up... someday! BTW, I killed the XR-7... till it got a 427

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I'm still on my first car
Dont know why I bought it, cause when i first had it, it wouldnt steer or stop worth ****. I mean the steering was downright scary. but it was ssssooooo cool

Right after we bought it, it ran out of gas about a mile from the guys house. He said their was plenty of gas in the tank to get up to the gas station. Luckaly the I coasted into the driveway of a house and they gave me a couple gallons.

1964 Comet 289 C4/3000 stall daily driver
TFS TW, Weiand Stealth, Comp XE268, Rhodes lifters, TFS roller rockers, Carter 625 AFB, Hooker SuperComps
"These go to 11." -This is Spinal Tap

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dragman64 on 4/10/02 5:22pm ]</font>

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Red and white '59 Ford Convert, 352 4bbl, 2 speed auto. Paid $200 for the car and $300 to insure it! This was back in '67-'68. Not a bad ride for a 16 year old - certainly got the attention of the fairer sex!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts