Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
I watched the first two minutes of the first video and those tow idiots wouldn't shut up long enough to teach a dog to sit.

So I strongly suggest that you watch what you want.

Rebuilding your rear end is as simple at taking it apart, cleaning the crap out and off of it, replacing the worn or non trusted parts and making sure that all tolerances are followed according to the manufacturer instructions.

For a non true track or non locking rear end it's pretty simple. I've never done a true track nor a locker, but I'd not have any problems doing one after seeing it done or following instructions that come out of a factory repair manual.

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
i personally found it very informative....:tup:
yeah your right gary...a lot of silly japping at begining of each segment...but funny tho.....just by pass that part....

i have never rebuilt a diffirential....
but from watching this.....
i would feel comfortable, doing it.....;)

thanks for posting this.....:)

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
I rebuilt my 9" using that vid, but he doesnt really get into pinion depth. He just tells you to use the same shim that came out of it. Could be a problem if the original shim was wrong in the first place.

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
I rebuilt my 9" using that vid, but he doesnt really get into pinion depth. He just tells you to use the same shim that came out of it. Could be a problem if the original shim was wrong in the first place.
i belive ,he said to use that shim size as starting point...;)

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Ya, but pinion depth is a given measurement. He goes on to remove the shim to show how its out of adjustment, but doesn't reset the backlash.
Pinion depth is sometimes stamped onto the end of the pinion gear. Gear pattern is set with the side adjusters.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts